WASHINGTON (NEWS RELEASE) – U.S. Senators Joe Manchin (D-WV) and Shelley Moore Capito (R-WV) announced $8,037,121 in funding from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Resources (HHS) Administration for Children and Families (ACF) to support Head Start programs in Williamson, Bluefield, Beckley, Oceana and Moorefield.
“Our children in West Virginia deserve the best education resources available,” Senator Manchin said. “This grant money will ensure the success of early childhood education programs throughout our state. I know these grant recipients will work tirelessly to positively impact both the children of our state.”
“The education and care West Virginia’s Head Start programs provide have put many of our children on the path to success,” Senator Capito said. “By helping these Head Start programs continue to deliver important services to kids who need them, these funds will play a role in preparing another generation of kids to succeed.”
Individual awards are:
- $2,348,441 – Coalfield Community Action Partnership, Inc.
- $1,406,128 – MountainHeart Community Services, Inc.
- $1,260,762 – Eastern Allegheny Council for Human Services Head Start
- $1,219,445 – Raleigh County Community Action Association, Inc.
- $1,802,345 – Community Action of South Eastern West Virginia