BECKLEY (WOAY)- Chances are, a lot of people will be plugging in your space heaters. But if you aren’t careful, you can seriously damage your house, yourself and others due to a fire ensuing.
That’s why Captain Ernest Parsons of the Beckley Fire Department is stressing how to properly use space heaters in our homes.
According to the National Fire Protection Association, space heaters account for 43 percent of us home fires
“You really need to keep your space heaters three feet from other objects at all times,” Parsons said.
Another way to stay safe, Parsons says, is to make sure you aren’t plugging into any extension cords or power strips, just into the wall’s outlet.