Advertisement

Four injured in Clay County house fire

334

MAYSEL, W.Va. (WCHS By: Anna Taylor) — Four people were injured after a house fire Friday morning in Clay County, WCHS reports.

The fire broke out about 5:40 a.m. in the 100 block of Maysel Laurel Ridge Road. Clay Volunteer Fire Department Chief Michael Scott said a family of nine lived in the home.

Scott said two children had smoke inhalation and two adults suffered burns. All four were transported to a nearby hospital. Everyone escaped the burning home.

Scott said he believes a space heater initiated the fire after something fell on or leaned against it.

A child woke up and smelled smoke, then alerted the rest of the family.

There were no fire alarms inside the home, Scott said.



Tyler Barker

Tyler is the Chief Meteorologist & Digital Content Manager for WOAY-TV. You can find him weekdays at 5, 6, and 11 pm on WOAY-TV. Follow me on Facebook and Twitter @wxtylerb. Have any news tips or weather questions? Email me at tbarker@woay.com


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *