Advertisement

Family escapes propane tank explosion

631

CHARLESTON, W.Va. (AP) — A 1,000-gallon (3,800-liter) propane tank exploded at a West Virginia family’s home, but no one was injured.

WCHS-TV reports three family members narrowly escaped the explosion Friday morning by running from the area after smelling gas in their living room.

Pinch Volunteer Fire Chief David Wagoner says firefighters arrived on the scene to check on the gas leak, but weren’t even able to use their gas monitors before the tank exploded.

Secondary blasts briefly kept them from tackling the flaming two-story home. The family is now staying with neighbors.

The West Virginia State Fire Marshal is investigating.



Tyler Barker

Tyler is the Chief Meteorologist & Digital Content Manager for WOAY-TV. You can find him weekdays at 5, 6, and 11 pm on WOAY-TV. Follow me on Facebook and Twitter @wxtylerb. Have any news tips or weather questions? Email me at tbarker@woay.com


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

X